A workspace in Houseware is where you can start doing your analysis by adding modular blocks to create - visualizations (flows, funnels, trends, etc.), texts, or any other embeds you want. It is one of the building blocks of Houseware that allows you to curate your product analysis.
Let's not keep you waiting anymore and quickly jump into how to create your workspace on Houseware. 🤩
Follow the steps given below to create your own workspace and use it to create powerful Houseware product analytics visualizations!
As soon as you log in to your Houseware account, the first page that you see is your workspace homepage. It will be empty if you do not have any existing created or shared workspaces on your account.
You will see a + button next to the Workspaces heading on the top left-hand side. Click on it, and you will be redirected to a new workspace page. A
workspace created successfully message will also pop up on your screen, as shown in the image below.
Note: By default the workspace will be named after your username. You can just click on it and change it as per your need.
You can also change your workspace icon visible next to it on the left. Just click on it and select the one you prefer, as shown in the gif below.
Click on the + sign that you see on the top left to add a block. A help message is also written on top of it, prompting the user to click on it to get started.
A block is a sub-unit of your workspace. Through blocks, you can add visualizations, text, and other embeds on your workspace and customize it as per your needs.
The product analytics block type lists all visualizations that you can create on top of your product analytics events data, like flows, funnels, retention, trends, etc., as shown in the image above.
As soon as you click a block type, you will have to configure and basically design it as per your requirement.
To learn more about configuring the product analytics blocks, refer to the Product Analysis section of the docs.
There are 4 types of blocks that you can add:
- Product Analytics: It consists of all visualizations like flows, funnels, retentions, etc., that will help you analyze your product analytics events data.
- Text: It lets you add and edit the text just as you like.
- Embed: Click on configure and add your URL to embed the media that you like.
- Workspace: This allows you to link other existing workspaces inside your current workspace.
- Adjust Size: Click on the arrow on the bottom right of each block and drag it to change the Block size.
- Adjust Position: Click on the four-sided arrow on the left side of the block, but outside its boundary. It will only show up once you hover over the Block.
You can duplicate a block to avoid adding all configurations from scratch and only make the required changes. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Click on the three dots on the left-hand side of each block. It shows up only when the block is selected.
- Click on the duplicate block option on the modal that opens up, and a new duplicated block will be created below it.
Here are some icing on the top features for your workspace that will help you work smoothly 🧈 on houseware!
You can star some workspaces as favorites so that they will always show up on top for quick access.
All workspaces shared with a user will be categorized under the 'Shared with me Section' section. All other workspaces that are created by you will show up under the 'My Workspaces' section.
If any other user of Houseware tags you in any comments, added to a workspace or a block, it will show up on your workspace homepage.
If there are any annotations on top of any visualizations used in your workspaces or workspaces shared with you, they will show up in the Annotations section of your workspace homepage.
Updated 27 days ago